Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Unholy Pit of Doom

Let me let you in on one of those little secrets about marriage. There are some things that you just have to accept about your spouse, for better or worse. Even if it grates against your last nerve and is antithetical to everything you hold dear.

My side of the bed is that for my lovely bride. H.P. Lovecraft could have written a story about the unholy aura that it emanates. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. When new sheets need to be placed on the bed, I am the one that has to gingerly navigate its depths.

I remember a few months back that Anna did a meme (she insists it wasn't, but I don't believe her) where you list the books on your bedside table. So, I thought I would guide you through the forbidden realm that is my side of the bed. Please remember to keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times.

The Complete Joy of Homebrewing Third Edition (Harperresource Book)

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2008 (Unofficial Guides)

Bachman Books: 4 Early Novels by Richard Bachman, Author of The Regulators

The Human Story: Our History, from the Stone Age to Today

Number of the Beast

Coup d'État: A Practical Handbook

The Elfish Gene: Dungeons, Dragons and Growing Up Strange

This hasn't been released yet, but Anna brought me a copy from the library early. She is so nice.

How the Irish Saved Civilization (Hinges of History)

Bowling Alone : The Collapse and Revival of American Community

Job: A Comedy of Justice

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Harper Fiction)

Democracy Matters: Winning the Fight Against Imperialism

Everyone should read this book.

The Trouble With Physics: The Rise of String Theory, The Fall of a Science, and What Comes Next

Telempath

Foucault's Pendulum

Might be the best book I have ever read. Seriously.

Stranger in a Strange Land

Fahrenheit 451: A Novel

Great Ghost Stories

Steve Jackson's GURPS, Basic Set Third Edition (Generic Universal RolePlaying System)

Suppressed Inventions

The Best of H. P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre

The Fair Tax Book: Saying Goodbye to the Income Tax and the IRS

Piece of rubbish dressed up as a good idea. Be afraid of friends and family that own this book.

Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Treasury

The Affluent Society

The Fellowship of the Ring: Being the First Part of The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the RIngs)

The Catcher in the Rye

Lexington: Queen of the Bluegrass (KY) (Making of America)

6 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

It is true. I no longer waste my breath asking Roy to clean up his side of his bed. Even Sophie and the animals avoid this area. It's like they KNOW what lingers there.

But hey, now Roy helps make the bed. I'll take the small victory.

Nikki said...

Um Roy, that picture scares me a bit... :)

Strangeite said...

Be glad I didn't list the numerous magazines scattered around.

beinmyOWNself said...

meh, anything that contains that much robert a. heinlein can't be all bad ;) those are three of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

Dude...you need a bookshelf.

Modernicon said...

Why is the Joy of Homebrewing sitting by you bed, when it should be sitting by your carboy!!!