Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Moss on a Rolling Stone

Ahhhh, the annual Beloit College Mindset List. This annual list was originally designed to be given to college professors as a gentle reminder that common cultural references may not be known by their incoming freshmen. It never fails to make me feel old, but this year it seems especially bad. Here are some examples of things true for individuals entering college as freshman this year.

Students entering college for the first time this fall were generally born in 1990.
GPS satellite navigation systems have always been available.

Electronic filing of tax returns has always been an option.

Coke and Pepsi have always used recycled plastic bottles.

Students have always been "Rocking the Vote.”

IBM has never made typewriters.

There has always been Pearl Jam.

The Tonight Show has always been hosted by Jay Leno.

They have never known life without Seinfeld references from a show about “nothing.”

Crazy, huh. Ok, one more shock. Here is a picture of Anna and me that we just received from Rachael. I don't know if it makes you feel old, but it sure does me. Although Anna is still hot.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Okay, is it weird that the Pearl Jam thing made me feel the oldest of all? Scary.

I LOVE that picture of you guys... but it feels like a really long time ago. Its even more scary that all of us are now "grown up," with kids, house payments, jobs, responsibilities... Yikes. When did that happen?


(And sorry its not better quality, I just took a digital pic of a print.)

Nikki said...

I love the pic of you and Anna! You two look so cute!

Modernicon said...

Total stoners... I love it!!