Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I plead guilty to treason.

I know that I have been remiss in my civic duties to the Republic of Blogmoria. As soon as I created the fancy new banner for this blog, I immediately fell off the wagon and ceased publishing the thoughtful and illuminating posts you have all come to love.

I have a really good excuse though. You see, I downloaded this new app for my iPhone called ‘stachtastic that allows you to add a mustache and beard to the faces of people. My favorite is the one called Osamabin’stachin. It has become a real problem. I find myself spending every waking moment (and the damn app has made these far outnumber the sleeping moments) adding humorous mustaches to peoples’ faces. My fingers have developed quite impressive calluses and gained so much muscle mass that they now resemble jumbo hotdogs from using the touchscreen.

This addiction has resulted in more than just physical deformities. My internet routine has significantly suffered as a result. I just checked Google Reader and it gives the cryptic number of unread posts as 1000+. This number is a gross underrepresentation of how bad it has gotten. The subcategory of Apple has 985 unread posts, Geeky has 1000+ unread posts, Politics is 840, Science 1000+, etc. Hell, I have 913 unread articles from the BBC alone.

Damn you ‘stachtastic!!! I am not sleeping, or eating, or bathing, and systematically you are ruining my life by leaving me no free time to do anything, much less think about a blog post.

Oh, and I guess working on the bluegrass festival has contributed some to my lack of Internet participation.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I expect to see more Stachtastic pics

beinmyOWNself said...

i can see how that would be time consuming! are there other different moustaches you can put on people?