Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Every Man a King, but No One Wears a Crown

It appears that we are losing the most significant populist candidate since Huey Long. John Edwards is expected to announce that he is dropping out of the race this afternoon while helping build houses for Habitat for Humanity.

As you know, I have been supporting Barak Obama, but I regret to see Edwards leave this race. His populist support for issues affecting those members of our society typically ignored added valuable contrast to the Republican platform. His steadfast insistence that we can not allow corporations to continue to take advantage of the less fortunate is a stance that needed to be heard.

Early reports indicate that he is not going to throw his support and delegates towards either Obama or Clinton. With that being said, I would love to see Obama offer Edwards the position of Attorney General. Edwards could turn the office of the Attorney General into a powerful advocate of the people, fighting against the parasitic influences of corporate greed.

Thank you John Edwards.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Ugh this breaks my heart. I LOVE Edwards. I really wanted to see him make this happen. Well, I guess if AG is a position he can have, something is better than nothing?

Leigh said...

I hated to hear this. I really, really like Edwards!

Becca said...

Late to the party, but I was very sad to see Edwards drop out since I was a supporter. I will vote for whomever the Democrat candidate is (and it looks like it will be Obama), but I really wanted to see Edwards in that position.

I didn't vote on Super Tuesday. For one thing, I was sick as a ronover dog and didn't want to leave my home. Secondly, I see the primary as my opportunity to express my preference within my party. My husband tried to push me to the polls to vote for Obama or Clinton, telling my vote is important. I understand his viewpoint, and I will vote in November even if I'm comatose, but I didn't see why I should vote for someone who isn't my choice in the primary.