Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I better not look in the mirror.

Today started off so well and has since gone to hell. I woke up this morning knowing that Obama has more than likely (still got my fingers crossed) locked up the nomination. This long drawn out process of a primary is coming to an end.

BUT, then I find out that Spore, that game I wrote about here, is going to include the most devious DRM scheme ever devised. I can not express to you how excited I have been for this game. Saying I have been as giddy as a teenage boy who finds that he can turn invisible AND finds himself in the Victoria Secret dressing room, would not properly described my level of excitement.

Shamus Young, who I have liked to before, has written about this far better than I ever could and I urge you to read his take on it yourself.

I am not sure what it says about me, that finding out a game is coming out with a new DRM scheme can ruin my day. I probably don't want to know. I am still thrilled for Obama, but Spore.... they are ruining my precious Spore.

Not my precious. My precious. It's mine, all mine and we wants it. Precious.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Ha ha ha, a teenage boy invisible in VS dressing room. Man you crack me up...

beinmyOWNself said...

sorry about your video game, dearie, but i'm glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor!

Modernicon said...

My daughter likes playing the latest version of sims, but when I busted out my old copy of simcity 2k she shook her head in disbelief, also she said she would rather fly than be invisible... ahh youth