Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Different Shades of Life

On this Wednesday before The Festival of the Bluegrass I find myself thinking about an interview Steve Jobs with Bill Gates. In it Jobs said, and I quote, "I tend to think of things as Beatles or Bob Dylan songs." It has now been a week since I read that quote and it has stuck with me like a Creevey brother following Harry (sorry , I am most of the way through Book 4 and have come to the sad realization that I will finish them well before the deadline).

This little thought has been beating around in the back of my brain now for over a week.
I know both of their catalogs better than most, so maybe this is why I am spending too much time thinking about some throw away comment from a guy that I will never meet, but for some reason it has a ring of truth to me. Yes, the Beatles and Bob Dylan are different in a basic almost primal way, I just can't put my finger on what that way is.

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

How DARE you be thinking about the Beatles and Bob Dylan the week of the Bluegrass Festival! BLASPHEMER!

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Hello, there! Welcome to blogdom. I'll be checking back in here often.