Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A New Record!

Today was a very Jack Conway kind of day.

After 12 years of voting, I finally batted .1000 at the polls. Every candidate that I voted for won.

My uncle Robert has accused me for years of being a yellow dog Democrat and I have resisted this label. Yes, I usually vote a Democratic ticket but it isn't because of some unhealthy alliance with the party. Rather it is because the Democrats usually are more inline with my ideological beliefs. The two Republicans I voted for deserved to win and their Democratic opponents were morons that deserved to lose. It was nice casting a bi-partisan ticket and having the candidates I believe deserving win.

Also, I saw Kentucky play basketball tonight for the first time this season and was pleased with what I saw. As AnnaMarie said, "They need a lot of work", but even though they were leading by 27 points, the look in their eyes said that they were not happy with their performance. And they shouldn't be. There is a lot of work still to be done but I believe the the drive is there to win.

Yes, it was a very Jack Conway kind of day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.